Thursday, June 19, 2008

dear donna


I popped across the road this afternoon in search of a large casserole dish from my local op shop. Unfortunately I lucked out on the casserole dish but alas I discovered a pile of 17 back issues of Donna Hay magazines in very good condition! The seventeen magazines ended up costing the same price as one current issue. I couldn't walk out the door with out them. I also found a stash of cutlery that also made it's way home with me.

Oh Miss Hay, if you happen to read my blog can I please come and work for your magazine? I promise I will be good, I can test food, I can help your amazing stylists and I can carry your photographers camera bags and learn all their tricks of the trade!

11 comments:

Kirsty said...

I heart Donna Hay too.

Jodie said...

and if you need an apprentice Miss Buttons, I can make coffee and pass you things and um....other inportant things.

Jogirl said...

What a fabulous little find...you know most of them are out of print now so they are collectors items! Jogirl

Lark said...

Oh, I am so jealous, can I come and look at them?

Allison xx

Bird Bath said...

Aren't they the best? Each one has dozens of inspiring ideas...the photos styling - gorgeous. Great find!

boobook said...

Donna Hay,
I think Angela would be perfect for any job!
She is nice and makes good tea and has a eye for style and things that are pretty and YUM!

xoxx

SadieandLance said...

Oh yes I love Donna too. Well the magazine anyway. Shame, I had a stack of back issues in good nick that I gave away before we moved. About 4 years worth!

Maureen Reynolds said...

I don't know DH or the mag, but I wish I had known that there were jobs involving cooking (OTHER than actual cooking) when I was young. Food styling is darn hard work, but I think I would have loved it.

Good collection of items there.

mill said...

Oh my gosh, I just picked up the autumn edition at a second hand book sale (the one in your pic with the egg with the beanie - cute!). We have been testing out the mushroom recipes this week! Yum! It was $2 though, so you have snagged yourself a bargain.

danica said...

Hehe. I'm with you on this post, Angela. I love my Donna Hay magazines :)

Emma said...

Wow, what a find!
I found 2 Donna Hay mags at an op shop a couple of years ago, and I thought I'd struck gold.
I'm very jealous!

-Emma