Wednesday, December 30, 2009

vintage pot holders





I'm thinking 2010 will be my year of making some vintage pot holders, these images are so inspiring! I've just purchased a circa 50's Crochet & Swedish Embroidery Star Pot Holder Book from ebay so there shouldn't be any excuses to not give them a go.

I should take a leaf out of Miss Badskirt's book and aim for 200 pot holders!

*images row one* 1. potholders, 2. potholders, 3. potholder
*image row two* Fine Little Shop
*images row three* 1. petals, 2. Pot holders, 3. _MG_3499

13 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

they look so beautiful hung together like that- like little crocheted snowflakes

Christy Amular said...

Gosh, so sweet!! How I wish I could crochet too!

yardage girl said...

On mass, they look great! Sounds like a great challenge - look forward to the results!

Cat said...

Gorgeous pics!

Hello Sandwich said...

oh these are so pretty! I have always loved the fine little day collection! Your book sounds very exciting! xxx

Mary-Laure said...

So colorful! A great way to brighten up a kitchen.

Kate said...

oh yeah! you've inspired me to finally hang mine on the wall. can't wait to see what you come up with.

Amelia said...

oooooh, inspirational! can't wait to see what you make.pls be sure to post results.

Evie said...

gorgeous pics! sounds like the perfect book to help with this 2010 potholder making feeling : )
have a happy new year. i look forward to seeing three buttons in 2010 x

Evie said...

gorgeous pics! sounds like the perfect book to help with this 2010 potholder making feeling : )
have a happy new year. i look forward to seeing three buttons in 2010 x

MUS said...

nice found your blog!

and in love the potholders too.

RheLynn said...

I love the daisy centered ones!

Unknown said...

Hello,

I'm searching the autor the second photography (the big with all the pot holders).
Could you help me please?
I need this for my blog and I must have the Authorization.

Thank you,

Zoé FEDERSPIEL